Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Formula Variable

Hi
If the other workbook is closed try the following:
have a look at the Add-In MOREFUNC.XLL
(http://longre.free.fr/english)
use the function INDIRECT.EXT.e.g.
=INDIRECT.EXT("''C:\Documents and Settings\" & cell_ref1 &
"\MyDocuments\My folder\[" & cell_ref2 & cell_ref3 & ".xls]Expense
Statement'!$F$2")
thats is just replace your function INDIRECT with INDIRECT.EXT and add
the path information

you may also have a look at the following thread (describing further
alternatives for accessing closed workbooks): http://tinyurl.com/2c62u

--
Regards
Frank Kabel