Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Column Headers

Hi
you can't change Excel's column headers. The best you can do (as you
have already discovered) is population row 1 and hiding Excel's column
headings

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Otis" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

I am trying to populate an Excel Worksheet from VB6. I can't figure

out how
to put the column headers on the column header area of Excel. In

other
words, I have columns 'First Name', 'Middle Name', etc. I want the

area
where Excel names the columns 'A', 'B', etc. to have my headers. The

best I
have been able to do is get them into the first row.

Also, is there a way to trim the number of columns so that no new

blank
columns appear as the user horizontally scrolls past the last column

with
data?

I hope this is clear. Thanks.

Otis