Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
shockley shockley is offline

Default How to use Opentext method with xlFixedWidth?

Do the import manually with the macro recorder turned on. That way you can
see and adjust graphically how Excel is splitting the text file into
columns. Then recover and edit the code in the vb editor.

HTH,
Shockley

"Together " wrote in message
Hi, everybody,

I want to import a text file into excel file, and I can use opentext
method. But the problem is that I want to convert each column in text
file into one column in excel file. So I can use xlFixedWidth
parameter. But I do not know to fix the width ( I hope the width is one
character, the minimum). If I write code like these:

Workbooks.opentext Filename:=DaSourceBefore & DaSourceFile, _
Origin:=xlWindows, _
StartRow:=1, _
DataType:=xlFixedWidth, _

Width :=1

TextQualifier:=xlTextQualifierSingleQuote

It can not work. Please help me. Thanks.

---