Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 06:43:14 -0700, Phil Hart <Phil
wrote:

I'm trying to format a field in an Excel Spreadsheet in such a way that it
displays a month name rather than a month number.

For Example, if a cell contains 8, I want the cell to show as August.

Conditional formatting only allows me 3 levels of condtions and isn't
therefore suitable.

What is the contents of the field?

If the contents of the field is an Excel date, then use the Custom Format
"mmmm".

If the contents of the field is a number 1-12, one of the other solutions
already posted should work, as would:

=CHOOSE(A1,"January","February","March","April","M ay","June","July","August","September","October"," November","December")

--ron