Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Together[_8_] Together[_8_] is offline

Default How to use Opentext method with xlFixedWidth?

Hi, everybody,

I want to import a text file into excel file, and I can use opentex
method. But the problem is that I want to convert each column in tex
file into one column in excel file. So I can use xlFixedWidt
parameter. But I do not know to fix the width ( I hope the width is on
character, the minimum). If I write code like these:

Workbooks.opentext Filename:=DaSourceBefore & DaSourceFile, _
Origin:=xlWindows, _
StartRow:=1, _
DataType:=xlFixedWidth, _

Width :=1

TextQualifier:=xlTextQualifierSingleQuote

It can not work. Please help me. Thanks