Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
rci rci is offline

Default Arguments...

Hi all,

I know that arguemnts when opening a file have been visited in the past...
but I have not been able to get a solution to the following scenario.

I need to files with a unique extension, say: .s3q and allow users in the
windows environment (XP or similar) be able to double click (open) the file
and have the default application be my excel spreadsheet... which
then opens a userform automatically, and have the userform have knowledge of
the path and filename of the .s3q file that started it all.

How do I cause all of this to happen, and get the pathname into a variable
in the userform?

Any help appreciated!

Mike