Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim[_34_] Tim[_34_] is offline

Default Can't Change Commandbars("Worksheet Menu Bar")

Hi NG;

Recently, my XL2000 installation stopped allowing programmatic changes to
the Worksheet Menu Bar. Code like this causes a
"Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)':
Method 'Add' of object 'CommandbarControls' failed"

Sub AddMenuItem()
Dim cb as CommandBar, cbp as CommandBarPopup
Set cb = Application.Commandbars("Worksheet Menu Bar")
Set cbp = cb.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlPopup, Befo=8,
Temporary:=True) 'this is the line that causes the failure
'...
Set cb = Nothing: Set cbp = Nothing
End Sub

Can anyone tell me how to fix my installation? I have already completely
removed my Office installation, reinstalled and obtained and installed all
SPs. The problem is limited to Excel, Word and the other apps all allow
this modification. Also, I cannot manually add a new menu item with
[right-click] Customize...

TIA