Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jacqui Jacqui is offline

Default Sub Totals - URGENT

I have the following piece of code to create sub-totals
across a range of data. The Excel sub total method
actually does 3 sweeps to create totals on fields 1, 4 and
then 6. Using the showlevel buttons I then format the
subtotals at various levels. This works great except that
I now need to introduce another 2 subtotals. When I coded
this and tested it, the showlevel buttons only went up to
8 and the expand/contract lines didn't select the data I'd
expected it to. Also I got an error message something
like subscript out of range. Is there a limit to
subtotals and if so what could I use as an alternative
other than Pivot Tables? Can anyone help, this is really
urgent.
Many thanks
Jacqui
Below is the original code which works absolutely fine
based on 3 sweeps.

With ActiveSheet
.UsedRange.Subtotal groupby:=1, Function:=xlSum,
totallist:=colArray, _
Replace:=True
.UsedRange.Subtotal groupby:=4, Function:=xlSum,
totallist:=colArray, _
Replace:=False
.UsedRange.Subtotal groupby:=6, Function:=xlSum,
totallist:=colArray, _
Replace:=False
End With

ActiveSheet.Outline.ShowLevels 6

Application.StatusBar = "Applying formats to Sub Totals"

With ActiveWorkbook
.Styles("rowlevel_6").Font.Bold = True
With .Styles("rowlevel_5").Font
.Bold = True