Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matthew Wieder Matthew Wieder is offline

Default Mimic Value Being Typed Into Cell

I'm not sure I understand your response - you say that "No, setting the
activecell and calling the handler won't work" but then you say the
solution is "have it call the handler as well."
In your understanding, can I call the OnEntry handler or not from my
code automating the cell value change?
thanks,
-Matt

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
Onentry only fires when the cell is edited manually.

No, setting the activecell and calling the handler won't work unless you
mean selecting the cell and having the change event call the handler.
However, this would fire before the cell is edited which is probably not
what you want.

If you are having code modify the cell, then have it call the handler as
well.