Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default need logging before closing the workbook.

Hi
can you put the following line in the Immediate window of the VBA
editor
Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\log.xls"
and hit ENTER

Does this open the log.xls file?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Martyn wrote:
Hi Frank,
Thanks for all your help. I am not getting anyware. Although I've
changed the path to "C:\" and put the "log.xls" file there as your
last suggestion, I keep getting the macro error!. Don't know if you
are using a version better then XL2000 maybe inspide of my Win98SE
system+Office2000.
Finally: I need to have the log file opened prior to the execution of
the macro in order to write to the log file.
Wow....what a try!.....
I'll be much obliged to any expert that can pin-point the trouble.
Martyn