Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
A.W.J. Ales A.W.J. Ales is offline

Default Mimic Value Being Typed Into Cell

Matthew,

Since it's to simple to be overseen I'm not sure whether this will help, but
it does somehow run an "event procedure" (in this case EventSub) after
"entering" (via VB) a value in a cell. Just follow entering the line in
which you give the cell a value with a call to the "event procedure" you
want after running the cell, and do that

Sub TryIt()
ActiveCell.Value = 25
Call EventSub
End Sub
Private Sub EventSub()
MsgBox "Fake Event fired"

Auk Ales

* Please reply to this newsgroup only *
* I will not react on unsolicited e-mails *

"Matthew Wieder" wrote in message
via VBA, I need to mimic someone writing a value into a cell. Just
changing the value via Range.Value doesn't fire the event I need, so I
need it to behave the same way it does one someone manually enters the
value. Does anyone know how to do this from code?
thanks!