Earl Kiosterud

This would be a lot easier if all the data were on one sheet. You could add
a column for month, then autofilter to reduce it to any particular month at
will. Read "Data across multiple sheets" at
http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/excel_truths.htm.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com/

"rhs414" wrote in message
My workbook is set up with sheets for each month. I would like to
summarize
different periods in a sheet at the end (YTD). I would like to set up two
cells on the YTD sheet to receive my input for the start and end sheets
(Jan05 and May05 for example). I would then set up the cells on the YTD
sheet
to calculate summaries for the ranges input--e.g., =sum(start date:end
date).
Can this be done? Is my question making sense?
Thanks