Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Augustus Augustus is offline

Default Could some one please help me to interpret the following syntax

I am asked to reprogram a Excel/VBA program, and need help
regarding the following code which querying an Access
Database on the server:

Set Conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Conn.Open strADOName
strSQL = "SELECT JobNo FROM tblPourItem"
strSQL = strSQL & " WHERE JobNo = '" & strJobNo & "'"

Could someone please direct me to a source where I could
get information relating to querying external DataBase,
like in the above example, what's the function of SELECT?

Especially this line:
strSQL = strSQL & " WHERE JobNo = '" & strJobNo & "'"
WHat is the purpose of ' ?

Also, is there a function in ADO that would let me
retrieve the file's path? Cause I need to find out the
date last modified to Conn(in the example, which is
located on the sever).