Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Martyn Martyn is offline

Default need logging before closing the workbook.

Hi Frank,
Thank you for the code and advise on legal issues which surely I will be
consider...
But need a little bit more explanation on the code if you can.
In your code you have commented for some lines as " 'change this "
referring to my spesific needs. But some confused me a little
(especially this one:
Set source_wks = source_wbk.Worksheets("Files") 'change this)

because the book name and sheets and cells which are going to be used are
stationary.
Thus I'd appreciate if you can use my names. As I have given in my question:
------------------------
The workbook which is going to be tracked is: "test.xls", it resides on:
"C:\"
The sheets of "test.xls" and cells which are to be read and saved from a
Sheet: 14 of "test.xls" Cell: A4
Sheet: 14 of "test.xls" Cell: A10
Sheet: 15 of "test.xls" Cell: A9
Sheet: 12 of "test.xls" Cell: A9
The workbook which'll be used for logging is: "log.xls" and it may reside
on: "D:\Temp"
----------------------------
Hope I've not asked too much.
Thanks a lot
Martyn

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
forgot to add some points:
- The logging workbook has to exist - otherwise an error would occur
- The logging workbook should not contain any macros (as this could -
depending on the security settings - cause a warning dialog)
- You may add a check that the maximum row limit of 65536 rows is not
exceeded

On a side-note: Depending oy your company / country this kind of
logging could require that employees are informed about this activity
logging (at least in Germany this would be the case / and employee
delegates have to be informed)!. Sou you may check your specific legal
restrictions for doing this!!

--
Regards
Frank Kabel