Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
a a is offline

Default At wits end

Okay - I know that this must have something to do with the fact that
"sumif" is a function and somehow related to the application. This is
what I have tried and I still cannot make this thing work.

myEngTotal.Formula = "=application.sumif( " &
myEngRange.Columns(1).Address(True, True) & "," & "Total" & "," &
myEngRange.Columns(1).Address(False, False) & ")"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Anita
Would anybody be able to help me with the following problem.

For myEngTotal.Formula I want to use a sumif - with the first part of
the range being an absolute range and the sum range being relative. The
criteria I want to use is "total". I can't seem to get the syntax right
on this.

Can anybody help?

Thanks much in advance,
Anita

Dim myEngRange As Range
Dim myEngTotal As Range
Range("b1").Activate
Set myEngRange = ActiveSheet.UsedRange
Set myEngTotal = myEngRange.Offset(myEngRange.Rows.Count).Rows(1)
myEngTotal.Cells(1) = myEngRange.Columns(1).Address
myEngTotal.Cells(1) = myEngRange.Columns(1).Address(False, False)
myEngTotal.Formula = "=sum( " &
myEngRange.Columns(1).Address(False, False) & ")"