Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Where to put code for access by all workbooks

David

I would place the macros in a workbook and save it as an add-in(*.xla) and
give copies of that to your colleagues.

They could store in Office\Library folder and load it in ToolsAdd-ins.

Best to leave them with the capability of creating their own Personal.xls for
their own personal macros.

Also, add-ins don't need the workbook name when assigning macros to a button
or menu item.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"David Smith" wrote in message
Please can someone explain where to put code these days that is then
available to all new workbooks. I have a 'Personal.XLS' file but none of

my
other colleagues have; do I create such a workbook for them?

Any help would be much appreciated please.

PS - it's Excel 2002/XP.

Cheers

David