Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David Weilmuenster[_2_] David Weilmuenster[_2_] is offline

Default SQL "INSERT INTO" puts Single Quote in Front of Text Value

I am using MS Excel 2002 to manage financial data.

To add new data to a named range in a spreadsheet, I have
written a query that uses the SQL "INSERT INTO" capability.

Works well, except for two problems. For this Post, the
problem I'm trying to solve is that the update query
inserts a single quote at the front of each text field.
E.g., the field "Symbol" could have the value of "IBM" (my
double quotes for purposes of explanation). But, the
update query produces "'IBM".

Any suggestions on how I can get the query to drop the
spurious single quote?

Thanks,
David