Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
D.S.[_3_] D.S.[_3_] is offline

Default application.username

Thanks to all, that works. The extra space seems like a good safe guard to
keep a name beginning with a number from getting processed as part of the
font size.

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
just concatenate the username. e.g.
RightFooter = "&D &T &""Brush Script MT,Italic""&14 &
application.username

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Donald Stockton wrote:
I guess part of my problem is that I'm also trying to include some
formatting instruction in the footer. For instanc, my original code
line is this:
RightFooter = "&D &T &""Brush Script MT,Italic""&14&UJ. Smith"

What I'm trying to do is replace <J. Smith with
<application.username, but haven't figured out the correct syntax to
make it work.

D.S.