Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default application.username

Could I also suggest that, just in case you have numeric Usernames (they are
only ids after all) that you use

RightFooter = "&D &T &""Brush Script MT,Italic""&14 " &
Application.UserName

The extra space stops some unusual output (thanks to whoever it was that
suggested taht in a previous post of min, I think it was Chip, but I am not
sure).

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
Donald,

Try

RightFooter = "&D &T &""Brush Script MT,Italic""&14" & _
Application.UserName

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Donald Stockton" wrote in message
I guess part of my problem is that I'm also trying to include
some
formatting instruction in the footer. For instanc, my original
code
line is this:
RightFooter = "&D &T &""Brush Script MT,Italic""&14&UJ.
Smith"

What I'm trying to do is replace <J. Smith with
<application.username,
but haven't figured out the correct syntax to make it work.

D.S.