Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed[_9_] Ed[_9_] is offline

Default Q setting up UserForm for filter criteria

I'm doing a repetitive AutoFilter. I have one macro that filters my
worksheet based on a series identifier. Then I have to filter for one or
more other criteria, and then do a text search, hiding rows that don't
match. To do another search, I have to reset the whole thing and go through
the whole filter process again.

Suddenly I think, I can streamline this if I can enter all my criteria in
one UserForm. Sounds good - but I've never done that before, and I'd like
to ask a couple of questions before I start. (I'm hoping to lessen the
number of brick walls to bang my head on!)

1. One filter criteria is a list of one or more of three items. This is
six possible combinations. Do I need six IF statements, one for each combo?
Actually seven, because none of the above is also valid; that column doesn't
get filtered.

2. Can I call a macro from an existing module? Or does all my code have to
be in the UserForm?

3. A couple of the existing macros I would call have their own
message/input boxes. Can I hide the UserForm to display these other boxes
without dumping the Form and its code out of memory?

TIA
Ed