Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
K Dales K Dales is offline

Default Converting a LARGE volume of numbers to text in Excel for VLOOKUP

It might be possible to avoid even needing a macro: have
you tried adding another column to the left and using the
TEXT function to force the value to be seen as text; in
other words something like:

A1 = TEXT(B1,"#######")
etc...

Don't know if this would work but could be an easy fix.