Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JoFlo JoFlo is offline

Default Converting a LARGE volume of numbers to text in Excel for VLOOKUP

I have a VERY large table that I want to use in a VLOOKUP function. Th
first column of the table, if I understand correctly, needs to be i
text format. It is currently all in number format, causing my VLOOKU
function to not work properly. If I right click on the entire column
and format it into TEXT format, the numbers all align over to the left
appearing to have been converted to text. However, the VLOOKU
function still doesn't work. BUT....if I find the value in the tabl
manually, F2 it, and then hit ENTER, my VLOOKUP function then DOE
work.

It almost seems to be that it doesn't actually convert to text unless
do this step (F2, enter). The problem is, there's over 40000 rows i
this table, so I can't possibly do this to every cell in that firs
column. Is there a macro (I'm macro-challenged) or some other way tha
I can do this quickly and easily