Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default problem referring to Range and Cells

Kevin,

The problem is in the With line, as the Calls property is not qualified, so
it refers to the activesheet.

Try this version

Sub test()
Dim Message As String
Message = MsgBox("This test # 1")
With Worksheets("Sheet2")
With .Range(.Cells(3, 1), .Cells(3, 5))
Message = MsgBox("This test # 2")
With .Borders(xlInsideVertical)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
End With
End With
End With

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Kevin" wrote in message
The program halts and I get a Run-time error '1004' when I run the

following
code from Sheet1. But it works fine when I run it from Sheet2. Any

ideas?

Thanks.

Kevin

Sub test()
Dim Message As String
Message = MsgBox("This test # 1")
With Worksheets("Sheet2").Range(Cells(3, 1), Cells(3, 5))
Message = MsgBox("This test # 2")
With .Borders(xlInsideVertical)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin