Dave Peterson

When you import the data, put each of those fields into its own column (comma
delimited???).

Then you could sort by column A and then Data|subtotal.

Or even use a pivottable to get the totals.

JJ Joobler wrote:

I am importing a .txt file from a portable data collector to Excel. I can't
figure out how to get the program to recognize duplicated numbers in order to
add them together. The .txt file reads like this:
33110003,2

The ',2' is the count from the .txt file but does not add other numbers
together that are the same. So when I read the file on excel it looks like
this:
33110003,2
33110003,4

I want it to be this way: