Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Deleting Rows based on text in cell & formatting cell based on text in column beside it

Try this first
http://www.rondebruin.nl/delete.htm

Post back if you need more help

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"Steve" wrote in message ...
I'm okay with formulas in excel, but have never done much on macros or vb. I now have an issue where I'm pretty sure I will

need a more complext macro than my skills at this point. I have a large file that is imported from an ERP type application to
excel. The file is generally around 25000-35000 rows. I'm trying to get the data cleaned up to enable sorting, custom filtering
and pivot table creation. There few key things I'm trying to automate:

A: Deleting rows that have certain text in them. Generally, the text would be in the same column. For the most part these are

subtotal type rows, but not always.
B. Formatting a cell based on the text value of a cell beside it. Specifically, I have cell that has the $ amount and is

formatted as a number (e.g. 5416.38), but in the column beside it is a blank cell or the text "CR" (i.e. credit). What I want to
do is if the cell is CR then format the number cell as a negative number (e.g. -5416.38).

There are hundreds of these rows and thousands of these CR entries.

Thanks...steve