DumDum DumDum is offline
Junior Member

Default Calculating what staff worked on which product

Hi,

i have an excel file that is manually updated and calculated that marks what product our software developers have worked on during the day

what this file, has is different worksheets for each month (so each file has 12 worksheets as each one is represented by each month), and within each month
- is a list of staff names going vertically in the first column
- each day of that specific month going horizontally in the first row
- on each day we mark a reference code that enables us to determine which product a certain staff member worked on which

then at the end of every financial year we can determine the overall cost of what each product has costed us for the year, but this is manual calculation by going through each worksheet and marking the count

somehow, we would like to automate the calculation of the amount of times a staff member works on a product for the past year

i am struggling with which function i should be looking at? its been a while since i have done smething this complicated in excel and my knowledge isnt where it used to be.

hopefully some help is provided, it would be appreciated