Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.fr.excel
MATHEW KING MATHEW  KING is offline

Default Graphic Visualization of an ORACLE data on EXCEL

Hi Everone,

I am a new on EXCEL.
I am using an Excel to display the data from an Oracle database.
I am using several excel sheets in order to display various data from
an Oracle database.
For example: sheet one for displaying the oracle users information,
sheet two for displaying oracle files information etc.

I am using the following query for displaying the data in one of an
excel sheet:

QUERY:

select username, ''''||sid||','||serial#||''''
sid_serial,status,module, OSUSER "Workstations",MACHINE
Hostname,PROGRAM,
to_char(logon_time,'DD/MM/YYYY HH24:MI:SS') "Logon Time"
from v$session where username is not null and status ='ACTIVE'
/

Following are the data of the above query, which is dsplayed on one
of an EXCEL Sheet:

USERNAME SID_SERAIL STATUS DATABASE

TOM 656.989 ACTIVE TEST
THOMAS 123.989 ACTIVE TEST
………… ………….. …………. ………..

Now I wanted that the above data, only the Uername,Status,Database
columns would be displayed as a GRAPHIC-VISUALIZATION.

I wanted that Database Name and the Username and below the USERNAME
their Status will be shown on an EXCEL CHART.

I tried to make a chart on EXCEL but it did not get the complete
information as I wanted.

ON EXCEL SHEET, first I highlited the Colum "USERNAME" and at a
sametime the column "status" with all the rows,but didn't get the
desired result on an excel chart.
Could someone please give me the suggestion/solution that how to
disply the desired information on EXCEL CHART.?

I will appreciate if someone inform me about it.

Thanks

Regards

BILAL