Earl Kiosterud

Elissa,

Use something like this in a helper column. Copy it down with the Fill
Handle.

=LOWER(A2)

or

= PROPER(A2)

If that looks like what you need, you can permanently convert the original
column with this: Select your helper column, Copy. Now select the first
cell of the original column, A (it must coorelate with the top cell that you
selected when you did the copy -- (same row)). Do Edit - Paste special -
Values. Now you can trash the helper column.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com/

"Elissa" wrote in message
I have an excel worksheet which I need to change all the columns from
capitals to lower case text. Is there a way to do this without having to
retype the whole database?