Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gareth[_3_] Gareth[_3_] is offline

Default Excel References

both references are needed in the '97 file.

the users would not be up to the task of changing the reference.

is there any way (by code) to reset them?

Cheryl

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Cheryl,

Firstly, just try removing the references, they may not be needed.

After that, it is a case of determining where each is used and how to

manage
it. It may be that you have to update them.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Gareth" wrote in message
I have couple of references ticked in my '97 file. Some users have

started
to work at home on newer versions of Excel and the next time they open

the
file on '97 these references are 'MISSING' and this causes problems.

Is there anyway to avoid this apart from physically changing the