Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andrew[_27_] Andrew[_27_] is offline

Default Email templates & Excel Macros

Ladies & Gents,

A few people from this newsgroup helped me out with some Excel macro code a
few weeks ago. Your help was terrific! The macro works so well, a child
could use it. I (the child) start it off, and tell it what invoice run
number I've just completed, it picks up the data, formats it, and saves it
to 3 workbooks all from the one number. It's brilliant.

Now I wish to update the macro a little further. I want to open an Outlook
email template, and attach a file to the template. I'm creating 2 reports
for 2 separate customers, so ideally, this is what I want to do;
Create the first workbook
* Open the email template
* Add the previous working day's date to the subject heading & in the
email's text
* Attach the file
* Send the email
Repeat the process for the second customer

Any help with the processes marked with the astericks would be greatly
appreciated. I realise that wanting to place a strange date in the email
may be difficult, so having the message minimise during the process would
not be a problem. Neither would opening the 2 separate templates after the
workbooks have been created. That way I can just attach the files manually
(can I say that here??) & check the messages before sending.

Once more, TIA for you help

Andrew