Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Error: Too many cell formats

Al

This KB Article addresses this issue.

Note: article points out "about 4000" different formats as the limit and makes
suggestions for reducing.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:31:05 -0800, "AgLem"
wrote:

Howdy All,

I'm receiving an error when i am copying sheets into a workbook.
What happens is, we have around 200 workbooks each containing one sheet.
This sheet contains a small amount of data. The only formatting on the sheet is font, font size, and borders.
The macro i have, copies via paste-specialvalues the contents of each workbook to a new sheet , in one central workbook.
I have also tried just copying the sheet itself.
However after copying a around 20/30 sheets it errors out saying "Too many cell formats".

I'm getting frustrated as i've seen other workbooks, with hundreds of pages with formatting galor, that easily outnumbers the megar formatting i have in my workbooks.

Does anyone know of a way around this problem?

Thanks and cheers.

AL