Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matt Day Matt Day is offline

Default IE6 and Excel Web Query

Wont let me install because a newer version has been detected.... I dont
think I can uninstall IE6...

Thanks for trying though.

Matt

"Jim Cone" wrote in message
Matt,
This looks promising...

http://cws.internet.com/ie.html

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA

"Matt Day" wrote in message
Hello,
I am having a problem as outlined below by Excel Guru Peter Benson.
Basically Im running Windows 2000 and IE6 with the latest Microsoft

updates
and know that my problems began a few weeks ago with a security update.

This
is preventing me from utilizing my excel macro, thus I would like to go

back
to an earlier version of IE6 or even back to IE 5.5
I know that IE is closely tied to the OS and can be tricky to deal with.
Does anyone have any suggesitons as to how I could go back to the base
version of IE 6 or even further back in the IE chain?
Thanks
Matt

Matt
I and many others have exactly the same problem. It's to do with changes
made at Yahoo. See my other post on this topic. Their link has

changed.
If you left click their download link it now loads the data into your
browser window rather than giving you the option of saving a CSV file.

If
you right click you get an error. This error, which you get from within

IE,
is also preventing web queries from working.

I have found this is quite Windows/browser version specific. It may

depend
on the security patches applied to IE as well. With IE 5.1 I don't have
problems. With IE 6.0 with the latest security patches I now (as at a

few
days ago) cannot get it to work.

Send a note to Yahoo -- it's definitly their service that's the problem.

But
who knows whether it is something intentional on their part or whether

it's
just a bug which they will fix.

- snip -