John

Default Odd behavior on margin change

I have to loop through a significant number of charts applying numerous
changes in formats. The speed of operation is fast when I am operating my
computer stand-alone. However, when I am connect to the internet when
running my macros the speed slows down tremendeously and I can observe
significant activity on my wireless router and cable modem. The speed is
faster in the docking station at work. However, it is slower than when
stand-alone.

I narrowed down the calls that cause the slowdown and router and cable modem
activity. I want the page margins to be different than the defaults and
allow the user to set them. The following code causes the problem, which I
simplified for example:

Private Function FormatChart(oChart As Chart, ...other parameters)
With oChart
With .PageSetup
.LeftMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.25)
.RightMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.25)
.TopMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.25)
.BottomMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.25)
End With
' other code
End With
' other code
End Function

It doesn't matter whether I enter a value in points or have the app
calculate it. The workbook is self-contained, not linked to another workbook.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John