Carlos Antenna

1) Select the cell or range of cells you want to restrict.
2) Pull down the Data menu.
3) Choose Validation...
4) Settings Tab, Allow: Date, Data: Greater than or equal to , Start Date:
1/1/2005
5) Error Alert Tab, Error message: It's 2005, Dummy.
6) OK button
7) Check behavior by entering good and bad dates.

Carlos

"Charlene" wrote in message
Carlos, thank you, that is exactly what I want to do, but I don't know how
do it. Can you help?

"CarlosAntenna" wrote:

Use data validation to restrict the entry to dates greater than or
equal
to 1/1/2005.

Carlos

"Charlene" wrote in message
thank you for your reply Harald, but I don't think I explained myself
very
well.

My employees use Excel to enter timesheet info. If they accidentially

enter
the year 2004 instead of 2005, is there a way Excel can automatically

change
the year to 2005?

"Harald Staff" wrote:

Hi

With the date of your birth in cell A1, this formula in another cell

will
return this year's birthday:
=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1))

HTH. best wishes Harald

"Charlene" skrev i melding
How can I make a cell correct the year of a date