Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mb mb is offline

Default Macro freezes Excel

Yes and No.
Yes: You can use the Win32 API to create a worker thread.
No: No native VBA support for this.
Marc

"Yohan" wrote in message
Hi all!

I wrote some macros to interact and manipulate data in Access from Excel.
The macros works fine, but took quite a while to finish the calculation,

around 2-3 minutes, and while performing the calculation, Excel freezes.
If running that macro only once in a while is no problem.. but it's

starting to get irritating if everytime you run the macro, you need to wait
for 3 minutes before you can get back to the Excel file again.

My question is:
Is there any way to tell Excel to run the macro in the background so that

I can still work on my Excel file while Excel is doing the calculation?

Regards,
Yohan