Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA back compatibility

Mark,

Develop your code on the lowest platform it will deployed upon and you
should not have any problems.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Mark" wrote in message
Hi NG

I am writting a rather large program in Excel using VBA. Before my code

gets
too big, I want to deal with the back compatibility issues.

I am using WinXP an office XP Pro and my program works for this target
platform. But if i shift platfor e.g. WinXP with office XP then my code
breaks. This is frustrating to say the least.

When i look in the helpfiles i can not immediately see which version of
office this or that object/method/parameter works. Is there a way to see

it?
is there perhaps a small check i can use to see on which versions of

office
my VBA program will run?

I have a great amount of positive experiance with Java and one of the

things
i like about it is its excellent documentation. For each object in Java

one
can see the "SINCE" tag to see from which version of the virtual machine

the
object was included in the API. Does VBA have something similar?

Regards
Mark