Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Data Validation erratic bevavior

Perhaps you have a sheet level range named AllParts, and a workbook
level range named AllParts.

Select BadSheet, choose InsertNameDefine, and see if AllParts shows
the sheet name in the list of named ranges.

Otto Moehrbach wrote:
Tom
Thanks for your reply. The naming of the list is done by code. The
code copies/pastes (shorter) lists from several sheets to make one longer
list. All this is within a For loop because there are two final lists to be
setup and named.
Rng.Name = RngName
Looking at Insert - Name - select "AllParts", the reference is absolute.
Otto
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message

What does the formula for AllParts (refers to ) look like. Are you using
relative references? they should be absolute.

Refersto: =Normal1!$A$1:$A$47

Tom Ogilvy

Otto Moehrbach wrote in message

Excel 2003, WinXP
I have one list (column), named AllParts, with 47 items on sheet

Normal1.

I do a Data Validation in a cell in sheet Normal1 with List and

"=AllParts".

I get the whole list.

I do Data Validation, the same, in a cell in sheet Normal2. I get the

whole

list

I do it all again in a cell in the sheet where I want it, call it

BadSheet,

and all I get is the first 14 items from the list.

I reset the range name AllParts to another, completely different list.

I go to the cell in BadSheet, clear the Data Validation, redo the Data
Validation to =AllParts. I get the same 14 items from the first

AllParts

list.

Is this sheet corrupted or have I lost it? Thanks for your help. Otto

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List