Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Kongsvold John Kongsvold is offline

Default Function help

Hi Grace, a non-programming solution would be to use
another column for the optional data value. Then if you
want that value to appear in the C column you can use a
conditional formula using the IF function.

In cell C5 for example, =IF(ISBLANK(D5),formulaForC,D5)

In the A column use the same type of conditional formula.

Best regards, John