Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default reading password-protected, open webpage

Can you use GetObject to get the already open instance of IE and then use
document.body.InnerText?

Tom Ogilvy

Kevin wrote in message
I monitor the performance of my 401(k) by downloading prices from

yahoo.com, using VBA of course. This has become a daily routine. With fund
prices and number of shares per fund I can determine the dollar value of
each fund (i.e., current balance). Problem is, the number of shares per
fund is not something I can download using VBA. This is because the fund
manager's website is password-protected.

Is it possible to read from an open webpage? If I were to establish the

target html in a separate IE window, can I use VBA code to read from it?
That is, rather than navigating to the URL and using
CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application").Docum ent.Body.innerText

Thanks.

Kevin