Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RossD RossD is offline

Default Writing Text Files

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message ...
No built in capability to do that. You could copy the row2 data to a new
sheet, make that sheet active, then do a File SaveAS, naming the file with
the value in A1 of the original sheet.

Thanks, Tom.
Actually, I made some progress on this since my post. I have:

Sub FileCreation()
Dim RowCount, FileNumber, File_Name
Range("A6").Select
RowCount = Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Count
For n = 1 To RowCount
FileNumber = FreeFile ' Get unused file number.
Open ActiveCell.Value & ".txt" For Output As #FileNumber '
Create file name.
Write #FileNumber, ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Value ' Outputs
text.
Close #FileNumber ' Close file.
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Next n
End Sub

The only problem now is that the data in the text file had "" around
it. I don't know how to eliminate the quotation marks.