Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jpdill5 jpdill5 is offline

Default Worksheet_Change event won't fire to execute Macro???

A little help would be appreciated...

I have a worksheet where I am trying to color-code cells based on th
value entered into the cell. For example, if I enter the value o
"CTC" in cell E125, I would like to set the background color of th
cell to light blue. If I enter a different value of "LAT" in the sam
cell, I would like the background color to be light yellow.

Since I have about 7 different cases where I want to color cells,
can't use the conditional formatting. That being said, I believe th
best way to do this is with a Worksheet_Change event, and have create
the following and placed it in the Worksheet code area:

Application.EnableEvents = False
On Error GoTo ws_exit
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("E123:AC145")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
Select Case LCase(.Value)
Case "LAT"
.ColorInterior.ColorIndex = 36
Case "CTC"
.ColorInterior.ColorIndex = 34
Case "HOL"
.ColorInterior.ColorIndex = 44
Case "VAC"
.ColorInterior.ColorIndex = 7
Case "INFT"
.ColorInterior.ColorIndex = 11
.Font.ColorIndex = 2
Case "UNICA"
.ColorInterior.ColorIndex = 11
.Font.ColorIndex = 2
End Select
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

And it does not seem to work when I enter/change a value in one of th
cells listed in the range. I don't know if there is something else
need to do in order to enable this functionality? Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Jef