Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Quaoar[_2_] Quaoar[_2_] is offline

Default excel 2002 build problem :(

Ole Einar Ranengen wrote:
I have written a source code i excel VBA. I have Excel 2002. When I
try to open this wirkbook in older build versions of excel I get an
error: Error in compilation hidden module, and error in compilation
module1.
Are there any way to make a code backward compatible to older builds
or anything else that can solve my problem.

Ole:)

Start by removing early binding of object variables. Instead of Dim
myVar as workbook use Dim myVar as object. This sometimes helps with
compatibility problems. Otherwise, in the older version of Excel, open
the workbook with the shift key down to prevent autostart procedures
from starting. Then open in VBA, set break on all errors, and try
either stepping through the code, or hoping that the debugger will
properly break on the errors.