Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Date and sequential serial numbers

Hi Peter
for calculation the format of this date value should have no affect
(that ist your value '12/02/2003' is a ddate and not a textvalue).
Internally Excel treats both representations as the same (you may have
to format the resulting cell).
Maybe you can post what kind o f calculation you're trying to achieve

Frank

Peter B wrote:
Hi,

I am using a date that i have in an excel sheet in VBA and would like
the value to be the sequential serial number and not the date. I am
using this value for calculations, and it does not work if the
"value" is 12/02/2003 instead 38029.

How do I get the value in sequential serial number instead of the
date.

Rgds,

Peter B