Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matt Day Matt Day is offline

Default Web Query

Hello,

I have a web query embedded within a spreadsheet that up until recently was
working just fine. It goes out to Yahoo's website and grabs financial data
in .csv format and brings it back to the spreadsheet. This macro and
connection works fine for others as well as for me at work, but at home I am
getting an error message stating that the connection was made but the data
was not available. This seems to be related to either my computer or my
internet connection. I am currently on Comcast High Speed Internet at home,
but others are able to use their cable internet as well as T1 lines to
access the info. It will even work on a dial up connection. Does anyone have
an idea as to why this could be happening?

I have tried power cycling my cable modem to acquire a new connection but
that does not seem to help. The interesting thing is that up until today I
was able to eventually get the macro to grab the data from the website, but
it took many tries. Tonight I am not able to grab the data at all. Even if I
try to right click on the cell in the spreadsheet and attempt to just
refresh the query, it says:

Unable to open. http://finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=.....=.csv

and that the internet site reports that a connection was made but the data
was not available.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea what would have
caused this or why it started.

Thanks

Matt