Jon Peltier

Just to clarify, this is the axis title. The (tick) labels occur at each
major tick along the axis.

You can link the text of an axis title to a particular cell. Select the
axis title, press the equals key, and select the cell.

This also works with the chart title, individual data labels, and text
boxes.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Gary's Student wrote:

I have lots of scatter charts plotting data in columns. At the top of each
column is a cell containing the label I want to appear on the axis. I would
like the axis to be re-labeled whenever the label cells change automatically.
I am currently doing this with a little macro:

Sub setlabel()
Dim x As String
x = Cells(1, 1)
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate
ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select
With ActiveChart
.Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).HasTitle = True
.Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text = x
End With
End Sub

This is not automatic. Is there a way to perform this automatically without
resorting to VBA trickery??