Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jaf jaf is offline

Default Filecopy and UNC-pathname

Hi Jos,

I don't believe filecopy works with UNC paths.
You can map the UNC path to a drive letter on the fly with MyDrive=shell (net use...)
Then you can do...
FileCopy "C:\TEMP\Test.xls", MyDrive & "\Test.xls"

And it would be nice to have the option to kill the mapping on exit.

See some other info here. http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&l...r%3D%26hl%3Den

As far as not knowing what drive the user is using for the data, make them browse to the folder and store it as a variable.

--
John
johnf 202 at hotmail dot com