Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jos Vens Jos Vens is offline

Default Filecopy and UNC-pathname

Hi,

I discovered that it is not possible to use the FileCopy statement in
junction with a UNC pathname.

eg. FileCopy "C:\TEMP\Test.xls", "F:\LibraData\Test.xls" works fine
FileCopy "C:\TEMP\Test.xls", "\\Acer01\LibraData\Test.xls" don't works. I
get the error message: 75 cannot access... however, LibraData is shared on
my computer with the name Acer01.

How can I solve this (I don't know on which drive the user has placed his
data). Is it possible to get the local pathname out of the shared UNC
pathname (so that \\Acer01\ is translated to eg. F:\) or is there an
alternative for the FileCopy statement?

Thanks
Jos Vens