Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed[_9_] Ed[_9_] is offline

Default Comparing Excel Workbooks

What kinds of comparisons do you want to do? Number of entries?
Duplicate entries? Cell-for-cell matching?
What types of data are you working with? Dates? Currencies? Numbers?
Phrases of text?
Give us a bit more, please, and we'll be glad to help.

Ed

"IndianTechie " wrote in
message ...
I have 2 seperate workbooks, 3 sheets each. However only the first sheet
is being utilized.

I want to compare the first sheet of both workbooks and find
discrepancies... The number of records will change every time in both
workbooks as the sheets are pulled of a programme, also the number of
records in both workbooks might be equal and then again it may not be.

The columns of both the workbooks are fixed every time the sheets are
generated , For example. I will always be comparing Column C of
workbook1 with Column T of workbook2 , and so on... Can I record a
macro which will help me... The sheets are not sorted by default when
they are generated.....

---