Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tushar Mehta Tushar Mehta is offline

Default "Dumb copy"

Adjust to your own workbook/worksheet names:

workbooks("book3").Sheets(1).cells(1,1).formular1c 1= _
workbooks("book4").Sheets(1).cells(1,1).formular1c 1

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article , says...

Hi;

This may be a solve in code or without code.. (i can read the code from
the macro generator then.).

The situation is as follows; Excel 2000.
-
File1
Sheet1 = Sheet1
Sheet2 = Test
Sheet3 = Sheet3

Test!b1 = 10
Sheet1!b1 = =Test!b1

File2
Sheet1 = Sheet1
Sheet2 = Test
Sheet3 = Sheet3
-
Now.. I copy [File1]Sheet1!b1
I go to [File2]Sheet1!b1 and I paste.

I now get:
=[File1]test!B1 as a result in that cell.
I DO NOT WANT THIS. I ONLY WANT: =TEST!B1

How do I prevent excel from being too smart and copying filenames in
forumale references? I'll have to put it in code.. but click thourgh
instructions will do too. Thanks!

sdm