Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
arno arno is offline

Default TEXT(Cell1,"MMMM YYYY") to work in all locale.

Hi Kevin,

you have a date in A1, in A2 you write your desired textformat eg. MM JJJJ
(just type in the text). In A3 use the formula
=text(a1, a2) which will give you the correct result.

but this does not work,

yes, it does in a german version, (write in A2 MM YYYY to test in english).

in cell A1 I have 01.01.2004 (German date version)
in cell A2 I have =A1 but with the cell format as MMMM YYYY showing Januar

2004
do not do this, type MMMM YYYY and nothing else in the cell. i did not tell
to write =A1 and apply any format

in cell A3 I have ="My Date: "&TEXT(A1;A2) showing My Date: 37987

try again

arno